Returning after years away...

Stop in & tell us who you are, where you are from, etc.
E-T-
Squid
FJRModel: 2011

Returning after years away...

Post by E-T- »

Good morning all,

It's been a few years since I've been here and actually tried once a few years back to join, but, failed and never looked into why.
After reading a few threads, I see about the board crash and this NEW board, so that threw the wrench in the works.

A few years ago we looked at our 05 Goldwing and decided to do something with it, as it was just collecting dust as we were riding the FJR anytime we were out and about. We added a reverse trike kit by Hannigan Trikes. Now it provides another experience for us...

Retired..

Maybe get to take in a few FJR gatherings!!!!

Later,

Eric
El Toro Joe, Niehart, danh600 and 2 others loved this
Eric
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016 ES

Re: Returning after years away...

Post by LKLD »

Welcome back!
E-T-, 0face, and wheatonFJR loved this
Being alive, is not living. R.I.P. Don,Petey, & Jason レイクランド
0face
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008

Post by 0face »

Welcome Back Eric!
E-T- and wheatonFJR loved this
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Welcome back Eric!

If you want to go to gatherings, look for posts on SE Ohio Ramble and The Eastern Owners Meeting (EOM). Be warned, I may be at both of those...I look forward to seeing your smiling face!
E-T- loved this
boatanchor, 3rd class.
E-T-
Squid

Post by E-T- »

Mark,

I look forward to hopefully attending some gatherings this year! I'll look into those you mentioned for sure....

A few days ago while dipping back into the FJR happenings and finding out about Petey threw me for a loop. Later in life, don't blink....
Eric
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

E-T- wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:27 pm Mark,

I look forward to hopefully attending some gatherings this year! I'll look into those you mentioned for sure....

A few days ago while dipping back into the FJR happenings and finding out about Petey threw me for a loop. Later in life, don't blink....
Eric,
Petey was gone in a blink...but as tragic as that was, he was surrounded by friends, was on his motorcycle doing what he loved when he passed suddenly at age 79. Hard on the people around him, but if it wasn't hard on you, you weren't his friend. The fact that it threw you for a loop shows where your heart was.

The fact is, if you are lucky enough to have friends, sooner or later sad things happen. I've lost 2 close riding buddies from SC and GA in the last year. Im reeling and will be for a long time, hopefully it will hurt less soon. In the meantime, I ride for my sanity. Hopefully I will see you in SE Ohio in May, if you've never been, you owe it to yourself to go. JSNS!
El Toro Joe and 0face loved this
boatanchor, 3rd class.
E-T-
Squid

Post by E-T- »

wheatonFJR wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:31 pm Hopefully I will see you in SE Ohio in May, if you've never been, you owe it to yourself to go. JSNS!
Mark,

I had to search around a little to find this ride and it appears to be in a nice area worth exploring. My DIL's daddy lives in Coolville and we've visited them a few years ago on the FJR, and, wow are there some nice riding around there...

I'm going to try and make that one....

Thanks for the heads up..
FJRPittsburgh, El Toro Joe, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
Eric
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Eric, I will see you in May...and if you've never been, allow a veteran of the rides in this area charge over the rollercoaster hills first. You will see what I mean in May lol.
Madmudder loved this
boatanchor, 3rd class.
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2010 Honda CBF1000FA

Post by raYzerman »

It's cool to have been to Coolville, but the good roads are a little outside that area....... hope to see you in May!!

wheatonFJR loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
E-T-
Squid

Post by E-T- »

wheatonFJR wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:47 am Eric, I will see you in May...and if you've never been, allow a veteran of the rides in this area charge over the roller coaster hills first. You will see what I mean in May lol.
I remember being told something like that up in Wisconsin, as they had their quirks? ... get used to following the electric lines with the roads and the road turns while the line continues on... I was glad my bike had ABS cause I grabbed a hand full with the foot pedal being squashed!!...
FJRPittsburgh, CraigRegs, El Toro Joe and 2 others loved this
Eric
mi_pjk
Casual Rider
FJRModel: 2014 A

Post by mi_pjk »

wheatonFJR wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:47 am Eric, I will see you in May...and if you've never been, allow a veteran of the rides in this area charge over the rollercoaster hills first. You will see what I mean in May lol.
I was under the impression OH was all flat and straight and boring . . . hmmmmmm

( j/k )
Assfaulticus Slabtasticleese
'14A, '10 XCW 450, '96 XR4, Sportsman 600 (plow), Recon 250 (D1)
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

mi_pjk wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:48 pm
wheatonFJR wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:47 am Eric, I will see you in May...and if you've never been, allow a veteran of the rides in this area charge over the rollercoaster hills first. You will see what I mean in May lol.
I was under the impression OH was all flat and straight and boring . . . hmmmmmm

( j/k )
Oh...it is!
;-)
boatanchor, 3rd class.