Mirror bracket for auxiliary lights

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
Jalingo
Casual Rider
FJRModel: 2006

Mirror bracket for auxiliary lights

Post by Jalingo »

Hi La Family !
Hope you guys doing good

Im having tough times finding a mirror bracket for installing my auxiliary lights

I just got a pair of Denali D7 and no way to find a bracket to put under the mirror

can somebody guide me on this

thank you La family
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Re: Mirror bracket for auxiliary lights

Post by raYzerman »

One option is to make your own..........
Contact Alex at BlackHillsMoto and see if he still sells his version.... robust looking and above the mirror.
https://www.realtimeindustries.com/yama ... ht-mounts/
Garauld doesn't sell his any more, but they are a lighter gauge and go under the mirror..
Clearwater sells some, but you have to ask....... similar to Garauld's
https://www.clearwaterlights.com/produc ... yamaha-fjr
More pics here
https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr ... ights.html
Another heavy duty option is no longer available from WynPro, but you could make your own. I don't know where to find pics, but they were a 3/8" thick aluminum plate, lights mounted on that body angle if you can envision that.
Jalingo and CollingsBob loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
bigjohnsd
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021 BMW R1250GSA "Gray Ghost II"

Post by bigjohnsd »

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr ... pics/56793

Although the Wynpro light brackets are no longer produced, they are by far the best option IMHO. It would not be too hard to replicate these.

I had them on my Gen 3 and they were perfect under my FZ1 mirrors. They did require a slight modification to the front stay, bigger holes so the required 4mm furniture nuts could be installed. I can't find the link to Wynpro's installation instructions but I'll bet someone else will post it.
Jalingo loved this
"The only Dumb Question is the unasked Question " - Anonymous
Eat every Sandwich like it is your last!
Jalingo
Casual Rider

Post by Jalingo »

raYzerman wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:35 am One option is to make your own..........
Contact Alex at BlackHillsMoto and see if he still sells his version.... robust looking and above the mirror.
https://www.realtimeindustries.com/yama ... ht-mounts/
Garauld doesn't sell his any more, but they are a lighter gauge and go under the mirror..
Clearwater sells some, but you have to ask....... similar to Garauld's
https://www.clearwaterlights.com/produc ... yamaha-fjr
More pics here
https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr ... ights.html
Another heavy duty option is no longer available from WynPro, but you could make your own. I don't know where to find pics, but they were a 3/8" thick aluminum plate, lights mounted on that body angle if you can envision that.
Thanks raYzerman I think I’ll make my own most definitely
Jalingo
Casual Rider

Post by Jalingo »

bigjohnsd wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:36 pm https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/10-fjr ... pics/56793

Although the Wynpro light brackets are no longer produced, they are by far the best option IMHO. It would not be too hard to replicate these.

I had them on my Gen 3 and they were perfect under my FZ1 mirrors. They did require a slight modification to the front stay, bigger holes so the required 4mm furniture nuts could be installed. I can't find the link to Wynpro's installation instructions but I'll bet someone else will post it.
Thanks uncle John , happy new year at the same time 🙏🏼

I’ll come out with a mix between the wynpro and the clearwater bracket
I might know somebody with a CNC machine
Black hills moto is it the shop in spearfish ?
bigjohnsd
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021 BMW R1250GSA "Gray Ghost II"

Post by bigjohnsd »

Yes Black Hills Moto is in Spearfish
"The only Dumb Question is the unasked Question " - Anonymous
Eat every Sandwich like it is your last!
BikerGeek
Veteran
FJRModel: 2004

Post by BikerGeek »

raYzerman wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:35 am Another heavy duty option is no longer available from WynPro, but you could make your own. I don't know where to find pics, but they were a 3/8" thick aluminum plate, lights mounted on that body angle if you can envision that.
Allow me to assist. I've had WynPro brackets for aboot 5 years. Here are a couple of pitchers from when I installed 'em.

From behind.

From the front.

Let me know if you would like any additional pictures or information aboot 'em. They keep my Rigid lights rock-solid steady. I briefly had the Rigids on a set of Garauld's brackets, but those just weren't strong enough brackets for the heavier Rigids - they vibrated like crazy. I had Hella FF50's on there for a number of years with no issues using Garauld's brackets.
Jalingo loved this
"Having THIS bunch of guys paying attention to you is like being the world's tallest midget."
- 0face
BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

Clearwater will sell you just the brackets but they're awfully proud of them.......On the plus side they're pretty damned strong.
Jalingo loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
Jalingo
Casual Rider

Post by Jalingo »

BkerChuck wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:50 pm Clearwater will sell you just the brackets but they're awfully proud of them.......On the plus side they're pretty damned strong.
Hi Chuck , I have to ask them a couple of pics of the brackets to see how they are
They sell them quite expensive
natehawk750
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 FJR1300A, 2001 zrx1200r, 2001 XR650R

Post by natehawk750 »

I've been trying to get my hands on a set of the Alex brackets for 2 years now. I've emailed and called and left voice mails a few times with no response.
Jalingo loved this
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Jalingo
Casual Rider

Post by Jalingo »

:bowdown:
BikerGeek wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:46 pm
raYzerman wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:35 am Another heavy duty option is no longer available from WynPro, but you could make your own. I don't know where to find pics, but they were a 3/8" thick aluminum plate, lights mounted on that body angle if you can envision that.
Allow me to assist. I've had WynPro brackets for aboot 5 years. Here are a couple of pitchers from when I installed 'em.

From behind.

From the front.

Let me know if you would like any additional pictures or information aboot 'em. They keep my Rigid lights rock-solid steady. I briefly had the Rigids on a set of Garauld's brackets, but those just weren't strong enough brackets for the heavier Rigids - they vibrated like crazy. I had Hella FF50's on there for a number of years with no issues using Garauld's brackets.

Thanks BikerGeek
Can you please give me all the measurement of the Wynpro ? If possible ,they low profile !!! Is very nice

I found this bracket that I’m going to customize , I really don’t care about the look as long as it’s functional and keep the Denali D7 rock steady , they are very heavy
Or might make a copycat of the Wynpro

What do you think about the length ? Is it enough ?

The thickness on the length can be reduced a little , what do you think ?

I have not yet removed the mirrors to calculate
BikerGeek
Veteran

Post by BikerGeek »

Jalingo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:58 pm Thanks BikerGeek
Can you please give me all the measurement of the Wynpro ? If possible ,they low profile !!! Is very nice
Sure thing! I snapped a few pictures with a tape measure to hopefully give you what you need. If not, lemme know what you do need and I'll help all I can.

Jalingo loved this
"Having THIS bunch of guys paying attention to you is like being the world's tallest midget."
- 0face
Cav47
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
2022 Honda CRF450RL

Post by Cav47 »

Nice pics Andy. Apparently you have not given your bike its usual washing this DECADE!
HotRodZilla and Jalingo loved this
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Post by ionbeam »

Cav47 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:35 pm Nice pics Andy. Apparently you have not given your bike its usual washing this DECADE!
That's pristine compared to Geezer's FJR. And mine. Off to see if my WinPro offers any more info than Andy's pictures show.
HotRodZilla, Jalingo, Cav47 and 1 others loved this
BikerGeek
Veteran

Post by BikerGeek »

Cav47 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:35 pm Apparently you have not given your bike its usual washing this DECADE!
It'll be 8 years this spring, thank you very much.
Cav47 loved this
- 0face
Jalingo
Casual Rider

Post by Jalingo »

I feel really relieved that I’m not the only one NOT washing my 🏍

Keeping the bike dirty is an ART !! 😂
We all know it preserves the paint
HotRodZilla loved this
Jalingo
Casual Rider

Post by Jalingo »

BikerGeek wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:21 pm
Jalingo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:58 pm Thanks BikerGeek
Sure thing! I snapped a few pictures with a tape measure to hopefully give you what you need. If not, lemme know what you do need and I'll help all I can.

Thank you thank you
I came by with an idea close to yours , is not super aesthetic
I’ll post the pictures later
Jalingo
Casual Rider

Post by Jalingo »

Here’s the result !!
What you guys think ?

ice station zebra loved this
Red
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008 FJR1300A
Location: near the Great Salt Lake, Utah, USA, Sol III, Orion Spur of the Milky Way galaxy.

Post by Red »

Jalingo,

Not sure who made these, but they are no longer available, anyway. Still, I like the idea. It provides an easy level mount for the light bracket. Some lights are designed to project light from a level (not tilted) mounting bracket. The light itself can be above or below the DIY plate, depending on the size of the lights and the length of the DIY plate. I would make a pattern (template) for the flat plate using stiff cardboard, until you get the size and shape right, then cut and shape the two metal plates.

#1 is a DIY flat plate, aluminum or steel, thickness as you see fit. The "shoulder boss" shown on the plate is just useless bling.
#2 is a common Metric joiner nut, replacing the OEM mirror nut.
#3 is the mating Metric bolt, into the joiner nut.
#4 is a common washer, or fender washer(s). May be both above and below the DIY plate, for extra rigidity.
#5 bolt can be threaded into a thick plate, if the plate is drilled and tapped, or simply used with a nut or capnut, with washers to suit.

:mrgreen:
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.
Yeah, I ride motorcycles. I know why dogs put their heads out of the car windows.
Yeah, I fly hang gliders (3000 hrs.+). I know why the birds sing.
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Post by ionbeam »

Mirror brackets from my Gen I.

On the one hand, this little wrap-around tab added a huge amount of stability. On the other hand, it made working on the nose a PITA. On balance, the tab's benefits significantly out weighed the issues.

I was able to run the wire under the mirror mount and into the faring without having to drill holes.

Jalingo loved this