FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Forum Guidelines and Information, Status, etc.
User avatar
wheatonFJR
I post more than I ride
Posts: 7064
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 5809
x 2917

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by wheatonFJR » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:36 pm

0face wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:31 pm
Uncle Hud wrote:
DesignFlaw06 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 am
The license plate frame project has funded the opportunity to move to a new host with better performance.
Cool! The hats might be able to fund a Cray and a fiber optic Ethernet network!
Cray?! You’re old.
Yebbut the CRAY prices have probably come down since 1983.

I say go for the HAL9000.
Uncle Hud loved this

User avatar
0face
Purveyor of Pr0n
Posts: 2495
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:30 pm
FJRModel: 2008
Location: Evanston, Illinois
x 234
x 1134

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by 0face » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:45 am

wheatonFJR wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:36 pm
0face wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:31 pm
Uncle Hud wrote:
Cool! The hats might be able to fund a Cray and a fiber optic Ethernet network!
Cray?! You’re old.
Yebbut the CRAY prices have probably come down since 1983.

I say go for the HAL9000.
Trivia: HAL is just one letter away from IBM...
raYzerman and wheatonFJR loved this
"Lets all do what we can do to bring thick skinned, donkey raping shit eaters to this joint."
-Bust

baowow
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:39 pm
FJRModel: 2015 A
Location: Chicago, IL
x 13
x 149

Re: RE: Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by baowow » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:47 am


0face wrote:Trivia: HAL is just one letter away from IBM...
Whoa, mind blown

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Uncle Hud and wheatonFJR loved this

User avatar
NTXFJR
Veteran
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:17 pm
FJRModel: 2016 FJR1300A
Location: Midlothian, Tx
x 1197
x 411

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by NTXFJR » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:48 am

0face wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:45 am
wheatonFJR wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:36 pm
0face wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:31 pm


Cray?! You’re old.
Yebbut the CRAY prices have probably come down since 1983.

I say go for the HAL9000.
Trivia: HAL is just one letter away from IBM...
3 letters technically....
gixxerjasen loved this
We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.

Image


IBA # 65427

User avatar
wheatonFJR
I post more than I ride
Posts: 7064
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 5809
x 2917

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:54 am

NTX, yer harshin my buzz man?!? :)

Either way...EM and DF are looking hard into getting us a 286!
NTXFJR loved this

User avatar
FJRPittsburgh
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 pm
FJRModel: 2008 AE
x 337
x 172

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by FJRPittsburgh » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:13 am

Hey, any upgrade to the Tandy TRS-80 is a step up and much appreciated.
wheatonFJR loved this

User avatar
Hppants
Veteran
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 pm
FJRModel: 2014
x 1372
x 1126

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by Hppants » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:02 am

I'm reading (but admittedly not fully understanding technically - and that's OK) in the other thread that we are migrating something or another. Seeing as though NOTHING in this world is free, one can only assume that this "migration" is costing somebody some money.

Is now a good time to ask if anybody needs some money to do this? We're buying the hats and the license plate holders and any other trinkets that are available, but if that isn't cutting the mustard, then please (PLEASE) tell us.

I'm not selling it, even though I am. I'm just bumping this shamelessly to re-iterate my commitment for support. Don't know if it's an option, and I don't get a vote, but for the record, my preference is to pay a fee to use the site over banner or other advertisement.
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

Image

User avatar
DesignFlaw06
Veteran
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:49 am
FJRModel: 2006 FJR1300A
x 76
x 348
Contact:

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by DesignFlaw06 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Hppants wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:02 am
I'm reading (but admittedly not fully understanding technically - and that's OK) in the other thread that we are migrating something or another. Seeing as though NOTHING in this world is free, one can only assume that this "migration" is costing somebody some money.

Is now a good time to ask if anybody needs some money to do this? We're buying the hats and the license plate holders and any other trinkets that are available, but if that isn't cutting the mustard, then please (PLEASE) tell us.

I'm not selling it, even though I am. I'm just bumping this shamelessly to re-iterate my commitment for support. Don't know if it's an option, and I don't get a vote, but for the record, my preference is to pay a fee to use the site over banner or other advertisement.
Wayne and I are in agreement that money for this forum will raised by selling products. License plate frames, hats, calendars, etc. If you want to support the forum, that is the way to do it. There will be more products to come.

Now if you want to buy me or Wayne a beer next time you see us, I won't object. :D
Hppants, El Toro Joe, and wheatonFJR loved this
2006 Yamaha FJR1300
2002 Honda Nighthawk 750
1985 Honda Nighthawk 250

User avatar
raYzerman
Veteran
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am
FJRModel: 2014 A Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 2006 FJR Project
Location: Millgrove, Ontario, CA
x 413
x 1109

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by raYzerman » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:14 pm

Reminder to self, bring extra beer to tech day on May 12..........
wheatonFJR loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.

User avatar
wheatonFJR
I post more than I ride
Posts: 7064
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 5809
x 2917

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu May 17, 2018 2:01 pm

gixxerjasen wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:42 am
Wayne's new forum skin for these sections....he'll still have to delete posts.

Image
bumpers

User avatar
Uncle Hud
Veteran
Posts: 1844
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:52 pm
FJRModel: 2015 ES, scratched and gouged
Location: Smyrna, metro Atlanta
x 1981
x 709

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by Uncle Hud » Thu May 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Why you gotta have posts from Wheatie and me in your example?
_________________ You can't get into trouble in second gear. _________________

User avatar
gixxerjasen
Veteran
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Location: DFW
x 697
x 1222

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by gixxerjasen » Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Uncle Hud wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:28 pm
Why you gotta have posts from Wheatie and me in your example?
Well, if ya gotta ask.... :roll:

Actually it was because Wheaties post was appropriate to the image. Yours just happened to follow and fit in the box.
wheatonFJR loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

User avatar
Uncle Hud
Veteran
Posts: 1844
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:52 pm
FJRModel: 2015 ES, scratched and gouged
Location: Smyrna, metro Atlanta
x 1981
x 709

Re: FJRiders Forum Host and Performance Discussion

Post by Uncle Hud » Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Whew ....... certainly don't want to be considered in the same (WARNING) light as Mr. Wheaton.
_________________ You can't get into trouble in second gear. _________________

Post Reply