Coolant Leak

Tech section strictly for the FJR. Everything from oil changes & suspension setup's to removing sheep hair from hard to reach places on the bike so that your wife never finds out.
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Re: Coolant Leak

Post by Hppants »

To contribute to the thread jack, this "forgetfulness" is starting to happen to me. Yesterday, I put the coffee filter in the machine, added the water, and made coffee without the coffee (dumbass Pants). I have this sincere fear that somehow, my retirement is making my brain mushy and down the road, the doctor is going to tell me I have to go back to work or resolve to being a dummy.

So, on a more serious note, I'm trying to exercise my brain regularly.
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

FJRoss
Veteran
FJRModel: 2011 FJR 1300
2017 BMW F700GS

Post by FJRoss »

Hppants wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:13 am To contribute to the thread jack, this "forgetfulness" is starting to happen to me. Yesterday, I put the coffee filter in the machine, added the water, and made coffee without the coffee (dumbass Pants). I have this sincere fear that somehow, my retirement is making my brain mushy and down the road, the doctor is going to tell me I have to go back to work or resolve to being a dummy.

So, on a more serious note, I'm trying to exercise my brain regularly.
We won't discuss the time I drained the oil, changed the oil filter and added three (out of four) litres of high-priced synthetic oil before I realized that I neglected to replace the drain plug! At least I had the drain pan still in place...

Regarding the old coolant overflow reservoir, give it a squeeze and see if it is brittle and cracks. The one in my '07 was cracked and leaking. I patched it temporarily until I could get a new one, but it was extremely brittle.
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2010 Honda CBF1000FA

Post by raYzerman »

BikerGeek, El Toro Joe, and Hppants loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
0face
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008

Post by 0face »

Now that we've jacked this thread....

RacinRay, El Toro Joe, raYzerman and 1 others loved this