It just occurred to me...

Stop in & tell us who you are, where you are from, etc.
Reserector
Squid
FJRModel: 2003

It just occurred to me...

Post by Reserector »

It just occurred to me that I have never posted in this forum, so I had better start here with an introduction.
I registered on here and at least one other forum in June of 2022 while I was shopping for an FJR1300. I've visited this forum, but have only been active on one of the other FJR forums. Some of you already know me from there.

Before I bought my 2003 FJR1300 for Father's Day in '22, I was riding a 2003 YZF600R and a 2008 Suzuki DRZ400S. I used to commute on the YZF, and in four years I had added over 90,000 miles to the 28K used bike. I have passed that gem on to my youngest son. I still ride the DRZ.

I'm 61 years old, and quite opinionated, but not altogether set in my ways. I'm looking forward to getting to know those of you whom I have not already met online.
I am no stranger to forums and operate a handful of my own, including YZF600R.com It has been around for decades and was slowing down and in need of attention. It was operating on phpBB2. The site went down and I happened to have a copy of it. When others failed and flaked, I used my copy to migrate it to MYBB and salvage it that way. So there that is. :|
I only mention that because I see that this board has been running on phpBB since 2013 after a hardware crash. My hat is off to the men who built this.
Bounce, Hppants, Cav47 and 2 others loved this
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Re: It just occurred to me...

Post by extrememarine »

Hello and welcome!

The reincarnation of this forum on the phpBB platform was the result of a similar "crash"; the server was shut down and moved, and would not reboot. No backups, etc. So here we are today. phpBB has it's limitations, but the cost advantage (or cost avoidance) has allowed us to keep it running.

Wayne
Reserector wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:27 pm

I am no stranger to forums and operate a handful of my own, including YZF600R.com It has been around for decades and was slowing down and in need of attention. It was operating on phpBB2. The site went down and I happened to have a copy of it. When others failed and flaked, I used my copy to migrate it to MYBB and salvage it that way. So there that is. :|
I only mention that because I see that this board has been running on phpBB since 2013 after a hardware crash. My hat is off to the men who built this.
Bugnatr, Bounce, Hppants and 3 others loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere