Facebook Account for Tom Hadden RECOVERED

Forum Guidelines and Information, Status, etc.
tominca
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005 ABS

Facebook Account for Tom Hadden RECOVERED

Post by tominca »

Please be advised my Facebook account was hacked by a Nigerian group that is using Messenger to solicit phone numbers, email addresses, and cash. They are using AI to simulate my knowledge of common experiences and create chats and video requests. This is not an average hack. I have no control over Facebook or Messenger, and anyone that has Tom Hadden as a friend should immediately block that account including Messenger. Many of you that rode with me, know how to contact me, and if you relied only on Facebook, please feel free to PM me for my real contact info. I will not be back on Facebook. Please be aware Facebook is an automated platform that has no human intervention of any kind to report or recover a criminal, fraudulent account.

Moderators, I put this in the main forum for attention. Please feel free to move it elsewhere. I have had members of this forum that were also Facebook friends contacted by the hackers. Please block, unfriend or otherwise erase from existence any connection to the account now owned by the Nigerian hackers.
Last edited by tominca on Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugnatr and extrememarine loved this
It's a good day to ride
tominca
Veteran

Re: Facebook Account for Tom Hadden Hacked and Dangerous

Post by tominca »

BTW, please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused, and I hope no one here has fallen victim to the Messenger requests. The only account that is compromised is Facebook, and I can be found if you have my real contact information.
It's a good day to ride
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016 ES

Post by LKLD »

Sorry to hear that,Tom.

I left Facebook some years ago, haven't looked back. The only social media I'm on is this forum, and I'm happy to keep it that way.
FJRPittsburgh, Spininprop, wheatonFJR and 2 others loved this
Being alive, is not living. R.I.P. Don,Petey, & Jason レイクランド
N4HHE
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016

Post by N4HHE »

LKLD wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:36 pm Sorry to hear that,Tom.

I left Facebook some years ago, haven't looked back. The only social media I'm on is this forum, and I'm happy to keep it that way.
Be sure when you "leave" Facebook that you go nuclear. They have a total wipe option.
Bounce loved this
BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

Just went on and unfriended you there. Not personally, just on FB. Thanks for the warnings.
wheatonFJR loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
tominca
Veteran

Post by tominca »

I no longer have the Facebook or Messenger apps. I don't think I can do a total wipe since I have no access to my old account, none of the recovery methods work and are diverted to the hackers.

Chuck, good move! I'll try to check in here more often.
BkerChuck loved this
It's a good day to ride
Bounce
Veteran
FJRModel: 2003

Post by Bounce »

tominca wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:46 pm Please be advised my Facebook account was hacked by a Nigerian group that is using Messenger to solicit phone numbers, email addresses, and cash. They are using AI to simulate my knowledge of common experiences and create chats and video requests. This is not an average hack. I have no control over Facebook or Messenger, and anyone that has Tom Hadden as a friend should immediately block that account including Messenger. Many of you that rode with me, know how to contact me, and if you relied only on Facebook, please feel free to PM me for my real contact info. I will not be back on Facebook. Please be aware Facebook is an automated platform that has no human intervention of any kind to report or recover a criminal, fraudulent account.

Moderators, I put this in the main forum for attention. Please feel free to move it elsewhere. I have had members of this forum that were also Facebook friends contacted by the hackers. Please block, unfriend or otherwise erase from existence any connection to the account now owned by the Nigerian hackers.
Thanks for the warning. Another reason I don't run their message app on my mobile devices. I leave pm answers for the times I'm on my browser and have more control of the security of the system. It's also why I deleted WhatsApp when FB bought them.
Bugnatr
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 SuperTanker1200. 2018 DCT Hippo,
2007 KLR650... the Goldwing of thumpers

Post by Bugnatr »

tominca wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:34 am I no longer have the Facebook or Messenger apps. I don't think I can do a total wipe since I have no access to my old account, none of the recovery methods work and are diverted to the hackers.

Chuck, good move! I'll try to check in here more often.
Ditto here too, bummer as I did like skunk poking some of your posts :lol:
tominca loved this
It's too deep, this is a bike not a canoe.
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016 ES

Post by LKLD »

N4HHE wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:52 pm
LKLD wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:36 pm Sorry to hear that,Tom.

Be sure when you "leave" Facebook that you go nuclear. They have a total wipe option.
Yep, that’s what I did. If I remember correctly, it’s been some years ago, FB will give you 30 days to get all of your photos and stuff, or for you to reconsider, then they wipe your account…or so they say. Using my wife’s account, I can’t find my old account.
N4HHE loved this
Being alive, is not living. R.I.P. Don,Petey, & Jason レイクランド
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Post by extrememarine »

This is still active - they just attempted to call me via FB messenger...
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
Festus
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 FJR, 2023 KTM 390 Adventure

Post by Festus »

I'm not a FB poster, but from listening to other people I know, who have been hacked, it's not that difficult to get your account back. There's a way to tell FB your account is hacked and you just have to prove you are you and they'll reset everything. Even if you have no intention of going back on FB, it would prevent them from using your name/account for the future if you took control of it. You could certainly get control back and then delete the entire account. That's probably a better option than letting it run for years with your name on it.

If you need help doing that, speak up and we'll find you the right tools to take it back.
"That wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be" - 1911

"Stay thirsty, my friends"....... Wouldn't that mean I'm dehydrated all the time?
tominca
Veteran

Post by tominca »

There is no email or human contact that can be contacted at Facebook. If anyone knows different, please let me know. I was made aware of many friends contacted by the hackers over the last couple days. At least I got to hear from some people I haven;t heard from in quite a while including Brandon. They are relentless. Block my old Facebook account.
Bounce loved this
It's a good day to ride
Festus
Contributor
Veteran

Post by Festus »

https://www.facebook.com/help/203305893040179

Go there, there is a link that says "visit this page". Follow that. You can get it back. I have a family member that got it back. You just have to go through some steps to prove you are you. Seems like a pain, but it's better to go through the steps and then get the account back and delete the account than leave it out there to spam trash for eternity.
FJRPittsburgh, El Toro Joe, and Cav47 loved this

"Stay thirsty, my friends"....... Wouldn't that mean I'm dehydrated all the time?
Bounce
Veteran
FJRModel: 2003

Post by Bounce »

Festus wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:14 am I'm not a FB poster, but from listening to other people I know, who have been hacked, it's not that difficult to get your account back. There's a way to tell FB your account is hacked and you just have to prove you are you and they'll reset everything. Even if you have no intention of going back on FB, it would prevent them from using your name/account for the future if you took control of it. You could certainly get control back and then delete the entire account. That's probably a better option than letting it run for years with your name on it.

If you need help doing that, speak up and we'll find you the right tools to take it back.
My brother's FB account has set dormant for years after a concerted effort just to get his PW reset. There is NO human so, if your auto-resolution bot doesn't work when dealing with AT&T, expect this to be worse.
Festus
Contributor
Veteran

Post by Festus »

There are humans, you can submit your ID to them and they'll verify it and you'll get your account back. Happens all the time. There have been times when you can and can't get to humans. Not sure where we are in that process, but they have a decent recover account process that seems to work.

Have y'all been through that process and it not worked?

tominca
Veteran

Post by tominca »

Festus, I have been through the automated process many times. All of my identifying information has been deleted by the hackers and replaced with their own. If there was a human to contact, I could show them the notification I got that a source in Nigeria had changed my password, phone, email and deleted all of the original ones.
It's a good day to ride
Festus
Contributor
Veteran

Post by Festus »

Have you been through the process where you show them your ID?

Festus
Contributor
Veteran

Post by Festus »

You've done the following?

Careful, the guy explaining it might be the same guy that hacked your account :)

FJRPittsburgh and Tyler loved this

tominca
Veteran

Post by tominca »

Thanks Festus. I had not found the way to send an ID to Facebook for verification. Hopefully that works.
wheatonFJR loved this
It's a good day to ride
tominca
Veteran

Post by tominca »

I have control of my account back. Now I have many apologies to send and requests to unblock me. Festus, you're a treasure!
FJRPittsburgh, wheatonFJR, Festus and 2 others loved this
It's a good day to ride