Iphone Holder (to use while riding)

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Re: Iphone Holder (to use while riding)

Post by wheatonFJR »

0face wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:34 pm
LKLD wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:35 pm On our trip to Texas in April, my iPhone 13 Pro camera started acting wonky, like it was really wavey in live view. The dreaded camera killer.
So I ended up putting it in my tankbag, though it was a massive PIA not having it to use while riding. About 4 days later, it was normal again, and hasn’t acted up since. Not taking a chance, I’ve since ordered the Quad Lock system…wireless charging mount, anti-vibration mount, and waterproof charging cable.

Installed yesterday. Waiting on MagSafe case to arrive, then see if that works to solve the issue. 🤞
I have the Quad-Lock on the Tenere with the anti-vibration mount it worked great even off-road and EVEN when Doug cut me off and forced me into the sand where the S10 decided to take a nap. (It was all Doug's Fault, really).

In all seriousness the Quad-Lock system has been Marty proof, so far.
Obviously the bike is not Dougy proof. That bastard!!!!

Let us know in a couple weeks if its Wheatie proof...I have my doubts.
boatanchor, 3rd class.
PhilJet09
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2009 FJR1300A

Post by PhilJet09 »

After my iPhone 13 Pro went sliding down the road at 50mph while on the Urinal a month ago, I’ve since upgraded to a Quadlock with wireless charging. I’ve used it off road now more times than the old holder ever saw and can give it a whole-hearted recommendation. It’s the best I’ve ever used and am totally confident in it protecting my $1k pocket computer.
LKLD loved this
RIP Beemerdons, Petey, JWilly, 1911

Calm is a skill.
“Courage is the first virtue.” Andrew Klavan
“Because “someday” is not a day of the week…” Wayne
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016 ES

Post by LKLD »

I finally received the QuadLock phone case. Looking at their website, they have a "ring" they sell, that will let you prop your phone up. Little further reading, and I found that some are having charging issues with the ring. So, that got me thinking, why not surgically remove the one from my previous Torra case.
So I did, which didn't take long. Cleaned my phone case and prop with rubbing alcohol, then used some JBWeld to attach the prop to the case. I think it turned out great.

D-Eagle and 0face loved this
Being alive, is not living. R.I.P. Don,Petey, & Jason レイクランド