RIP - JWilly - aka Jason - Memories and Tributes

Forum Guidelines and Information, Status, etc.
Festus
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 FJR, 2023 KTM 390 Adventure

Re: RIP - JWilly - aka Jason - Memories and Tributes

Post by Festus »

Thinking about all y'all this morning and this weekend. Stay safe.
Sooze, FJRPittsburgh, LKLD and 3 others loved this
"That wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be" - 1911

"Stay thirsty, my friends"....... Wouldn't that mean I'm dehydrated all the time?
bungie4
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300

Post by bungie4 »

Safe travels everyone.
Swp, Sooze, FJRPittsburgh and 1 others loved this
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Choo choo mf'r.
That's weird, I don't remember eating asparagus.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Yes, the herd is slowly (or quickly ;) ) migrating from all directions. There are those that can't make it, but dearly wish they could.

Louanne and I will be fortunate enough to make it.
Sooze, Niehart, FJRPittsburgh and 3 others loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
danh600
Veteran
FJRModel: 2022 FJR1300ES

Post by danh600 »

We did establish riding gear is suitable attire?
FJRPittsburgh, Redfish, HotRodZilla and 1 others loved this
griff
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 ES

Post by griff »

danh600 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:11 am We did establish riding gear is suitable attire?
Yep, otherwise I'll be there in riding shorts!
FJRPittsburgh, HotRodZilla, and wheatonFJR loved this
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Post by extrememarine »

rumor has it that Sonya's opinion about riding gear is that it would be completely appropriate...

So that's my plan.
griff wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:16 am
danh600 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:11 am We did establish riding gear is suitable attire?
Yep, otherwise I'll be there in riding shorts!
El Toro Joe, FJRPittsburgh, juniorfjr and 3 others loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
HotRodZilla
Veteran
FJRModel: 07 FJR-A

Post by HotRodZilla »

You boys and girls please be careful. Honest to God, I've seen enough loss of life and BS in this last month to last the rest of my life.

Thankfully no death but C ended up with Covid. Her last week at school, everyone was feeling bad or had Covid, including her director and vice principal.
So since C is #3 in line, and wasn't sick, she was the one who had to check everyone out and get her files closed. I was pissed because, "Well you're not sick, so you stay there so you can get sick." Sure as shit. Thankfully she is vaccinated so it does not seem bad. Just a slightly bad cold. Anyway, she could not come to this tournament, so I had to bring the girls by myself. That's a bummer considering they are teenage girls and one of them isnt mine.

Then on Tuesday, we got a call that a man walking had found some remains. The good thing is we don't have to look for our 20yo missing girl anymore. Pisses me off that she was found around 20 miles from where we were looking for her, which makes me think her jackass BF either moved her or someone moved her for him.

So, I'm sitting here, bugged that I'm not in GA, bugged that my wife is sick, bugged because I'm here without her and bugged that we now have a shit ton more work to do to send that murdering little bastard to jail for what will only be a few years, if we're lucky.

So, all that being said, everyone please ride safe and get home where you belong. BUT, while you're in GA, please give Sonya a hug for me.
wheatonFJR, Sooze, FJRPittsburgh and 5 others loved this
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Zilla, I cannot like that post...but you can bet that we will give Sonya lots of hugs for you today and tomorrow!
Sooze, FJRPittsburgh, natehawk750 and 3 others loved this
Bugnatr
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 SuperTanker1200. 2018 DCT Hippo,
2007 KLR650... the Goldwing of thumpers

Post by Bugnatr »

wheatonFJR wrote:Zilla, I cannot like that post...but you can bet that we will give Sonya lots of hugs for you today and tomorrow!
Plus 1, the hugs have already started in the parking lot at the hotel tonight. We’ll miss you AJ but dad duties always come first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FJRPittsburgh, wheatonFJR, and Tyler loved this
It's too deep, this is a bike not a canoe.
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

We did. I think swp is counting on fjr folks and disreputable attire to keep her sane through the day. I told her we’d (natehawk and I) probably roll in hot and be in disreputable attire. Her response was “the more disreputable the better”.
El Toro Joe, Niehart, FJRPittsburgh and 3 others loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

bill lumberg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:52 am We did. I think swp is counting on fjr folks and disreputable attire to keep her sane through the day. I told her we’d (natehawk and I) probably roll in hot and be in disreputable attire. Her response was “the more disreputable the better”.
I suppose some tasteful nudity would be going a bit far?

Asking for a friend.
Abercrombie FJR, D-Eagle, Sooze and 2 others loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

natehawk750
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 FJR1300A, 2001 zrx1200r, 2001 XR650R

Post by natehawk750 »

Hppants wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:27 am
bill lumberg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:52 am We did. I think swp is counting on fjr folks and disreputable attire to keep her sane through the day. I told her we’d (natehawk and I) probably roll in hot and be in disreputable attire. Her response was “the more disreputable the better”.
I suppose some tasteful nudity would be going a bit far?

Asking for a friend.
I Hear that Wheatie is dressing in his best Birthday Suit.

Tasteful nudity is acceptable, but only if it's Pops who's asking.
wheatonFJR loved this
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

danh600
Veteran
FJRModel: 2022 FJR1300ES

Post by danh600 »

LKLD wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:32 pm Found another one. This is in Cashiers, NC September 2018. A great day of riding during EOM. Sonya, Jason, Marie, and Grandpa Dan.

The only time I was in front of Jason all day.😄
D-Eagle, El Toro Joe, FjrVfr and 9 others loved this
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Louanne and I are at the visitation. There are Jason photos EVERYWHERE!
LKLD, El Toro Joe, Redfish and 4 others loved this
HotRodZilla
Veteran

Post by HotRodZilla »

I KNEW I had been through Steamboat Springs before. This is where the softball tournament is. Girls have a break between games. One of the moms sent me a link to a restaurant for lunch. That restaurant is Freshies. Marty, Jason and I ate here with Marty's friend when we came through on our way to Red Lodge in 2020.

We are sitting at the same table. Dumb, but it makes me smile to remember the fun we had and makes me sad that our friend is gone. It's gotta be some kind of sign that we walked in here today, of all days!
Sooze, Bugnatr, El Toro Joe and 11 others loved this
BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

FYB told me I needed to post this although if you were in GA this weekend you've likely already heard it.

This is what started my mission:

That picture someone posted of Jwilly, Sonya, and myself with Jason holding the quart jar of Orange Creamsicle Moonshine that I've been bringing to the past several EOMs and SEOs. That pic was in 2019, the year Dianne and I were hit head on destroying my beautiful IBR finishing 2007 and leading to Jason and Sonya giving us Sonya's car to get to Urgent Care and wherever we needed to go to secure a rental car so we could get home on Sunday. I knew immediately when I saw that picture that I had to have a bottle to take with me to toast Jason and the memories we all share of him. Problem was that I was out of moonshine.

I reached out to my good friend Mel who is my local source for this orange colored goodness to see if by any chance he had any left. Mel was out but after hearing why I needed it said he would make a phone call and see what could be done. Mel called me back a day later telling me that his supplier "Kevin" was willing to send some north just for this occasion.He told Mel that UPS allows wine to be shipped interstate so he would bottle some in wine bottles and send it to Mel for me. I asked about the price and was told "Nothing, I want nothing after the explanation of why you need it". This pretty much made made my eyes feel an irritation as if the room had suddenly gotten very dusty.

Two days before I'm to leave for GA I get a text from Mel asking me to call him ASAP. I walked out of the office and phoned him. I learn the box is at a UPS facility in OH where it hasn't moved in 3 days. This doesn't bode well. Mel has once more contacted "Kevin" to see what can be done. "Kevin" asks Mel what part of GA our group will be in as he will be attending a funeral in Marietta, GA on Saturday and offers to make a personal delivery to me if I can meet him. Me; sends my info to "Kevin" and vice versa. Thursday night I get a call from an out of state number that I don't recognize but with what's going on I answer it anyway. 'Kevin" is on the other end and after introductions we begin what turns into a rather long phone call. "Kevin" is willing to bring 2 jars of Orange Creamsicle shine and a bottle of his new Apple Brandy and meet me to hand deliver them. Once more I ask, now directly to the maker of this product, what I owe him. "Nothing. Mel speaks highly of you and if you're willing to ride a motorcycle 750 miles one way to pay your respects to this person, Jason, then he must be pretty damn highly thought of as well. I consider it my honor to be able to help you with this send off." Damn my rec room needs dusted, eyes are watering again.

Friday evening once I'm now in Woodstock, GA after a 12.5 hour 760 mile ride I get a text from "Kevin" with the name and address of a Marietta funeral home and a time to meet him. He asks that i come alone as he's never even met me before and I assure him that's not a problem. I take a little ride Saturday with Spinnin Prop and we stop for lunch to kill some time before I'm to meet "Kevin". He's texted me that he's running about 15 minutes late but will be there. I reply with a description of my bike and that I'll likely be there first. I arrive at the funeral home he need to get to and the lot is filling up. I find a shaded spot off to one side and park then text "Kevin" where I'll be. About 3 minutes later a large diesel pickup rolls in and the driver's window lowers. "You my PA guy?" I said "yes, and Mel says Hello" as I've been texting him to keep him in the loop.

"Kevin" parks his truck a few spots away and I walk up to finally meet the man who's going out of his way for me and for this group. He gets out and we shake hands as he begins telling me what happened to the UPS shipment. It appears one bottle must have broken and so there was leakage coming form the box. It was apparent to UPS wine was not being shipped. "Kevin" says he wasn't worried as he packed everything while wearing gloves and the return address he'd used was phony. This guy is serious business here! He opens the back truck door to get out the box he's stored 3 mason jars in for me and as he opens it the box slides out of the truck. "Kevin" manages to grab the box but not before one precious bottle of Creamsicle slides out and shatters on the blacktop. You've got to be shitting me! It's almost like I'm not supposed to have this for today. Thankfully the other bottles are unharmed.

I once more offer to pay for the shine but "Kevin" refuses any offer of money. I'm resistant to this as this man who has never met me is not out 6 bottles or jars of a product he makes to sell. I never asked for this to be no cost and I'm more than willing to pat for what I've asked for. "Kevin" shakes my hand once more then tells me "This is for your friend. Tonight I want you and your group of friends to toast his memory on me. You owe me nothing." I'm once again just dumbstruck at the willingness this man has just displayed to go out of his way for someone who really is a stranger. I thank him again and offer my condolences on the loss of his friend and we part ways.

I've now had some time to reflect and think about this and I find it very fitting that this is how it went down. Jason gave freely to others, apparently often to strangers, so maybe it's some form of Karma that I managed to have one bottle to share that might. I made sure the largest pour was handed to Sonya. So I guess this is my thank you to "Kevin". Acknowledging him for his contribution in some way. To those so inclined maybe the next shot you pour offer a thanks to him as well. A stranger to those in our group but someone who believes in the meaning of friendship and helping someone out when they can.

"Kevin" may or may not be his real name but the story is 100% what happened.
Swp, FredandJeannesRacer, Madmudder and 15 others loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
HotRodZilla
Veteran

Post by HotRodZilla »

Kevin is a boss!!
Swp, Abercrombie FJR, LKLD and 2 others loved this
dcarver
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: Gen2, Superior 2006, Gen 3 2013 twice as good!

Post by dcarver »

What a great read!
BikerGeek
Veteran
FJRModel: 2004

Post by BikerGeek »

I have started a Ride Report to share our pictures and experience at Jason's Memorial / Celebration of Life.

It is here: A Destination Report: JWilly's Memorial / Celebration of Life
PhilJet09, Bust, extrememarine and 3 others loved this
"Having THIS bunch of guys paying attention to you is like being the world's tallest midget."
- 0face
Tyler
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 CanAm Spyder ST

Post by Tyler »

Well, my friend, your kids gifted me with some of your ashes to take with me and scatter where I thought appropriate... so last week, I traveled up to Nakusp, BC for a moto gathering there and I knew that going to Canada was on your bucket list... on Friday evening, I walked down to the lake in view of the glorious mountains, and scattered some (but not all as I have other places to take you) of your ashes in the lake so a part of you will always be there enjoying the view... and as a response, the sunset sky was glorious and I sat there watching it change and morph and I felt you there with me... I know it's not how you wanted to get there, but I'm honored that I could get you there somehow... still miss you terribly as we all do. <3

Bugs, PhilJet09, chivvalry and 20 others loved this
"Spend time with those who make you better." ~Anonymous