September ride in Flatwoods WV.

Stop in & tell us who you are, where you are from, etc.
Dirty Brown Dog
Squid
FJRModel: 2016 FJR ES

September ride in Flatwoods WV.

Post by Dirty Brown Dog »

Anyone have a idea on what to expect ? It will be my first one . Is there a riders meeting? Start times per day or agenda? I will not be arriving till Friday evening so just want some input on how things work.

Thanks
It's all about motorcycles. That's what keeps my world going.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Re: September ride in Flatwoods WV.

Post by wheatonFJR »

Mr Dirty Brown Dog (If that is your real name), things are fairly casual. Informal parking lot socials each afternoon/evening from Thursday night on, Saturday night meal and raffle, and head home whenever. Don't be shy, talk to folks - and I'm sure someone will let you tagalong with them if you ask real nice. If they aren't nice in return, it probably means you've been speaking to Wayne/extrememarine...okay, maybe I made that last one up. Maybe.
natehawk750 loved this
boatanchor, 3rd class.
natehawk750
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 FJR1300A, 2001 zrx1200r, 2001 XR650R

Post by natehawk750 »

Generally you show up, and get in where you fit in. The parking lot is where everyone discusses where they're riding the next day. If your personalities click and it sounds like a route you're interested in then just join in.

Every one in this group is super great and we're always looking out for new attendees to make feel included in the fun.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

natehawk750
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 FJR1300A, 2001 zrx1200r, 2001 XR650R

Post by natehawk750 »

wheatonFJR wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:21 am Mr Dirty Brown Dog (If that is your real name), things are fairly casual. Informal parking lot socials each afternoon/evening from Thursday night on, Saturday night meal and raffle, and head home whenever. Don't be shy, talk to folks - and I'm sure someone will let you tagalong with them if you ask real nice. If they aren't nice in return, it probably means you've been speaking to Wayne/extrememarine...okay, maybe I made that last one up. Maybe.
You forgot to tell him it easier to make friends if he buys a round of beer for everyone. Come on man!
Last edited by natehawk750 on Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Toro Joe, Niehart, Hppants and 2 others loved this
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

natehawk750 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:24 am
wheatonFJR wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:21 am Mr Dirty Brown Dog (If that is your real name), things are fairly casual. Informal parking lot socials each afternoon/evening from Thursday night on, Saturday night meal and raffle, and head home whenever. Don't be shy, talk to folks - and I'm sure someone will let you tagalong with them if you ask real nice. If they aren't nice in return, it probably means you've been speaking to Wayne/extrememarine...okay, maybe I made that last one up. Maybe.
You for got to tell him it easier to make friends if he buys a round of beer for everyone. Come on man!
That was a TEST for him...to see if he passed. Gosh darn it all...it's like you gave him the answer an everthin!
natehawk750 loved this
boatanchor, 3rd class.
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

Yep, super duper casual. Lots of bullshit slinging in the evenings in the parking lot, sometimes with some adorable loveable dickheads. Then, lately everyone pussies out early and heads to bed. Get up when you want or when your group is getting up and go get breakfast and ride when you want to. You don't even have to ride with a group if you don't want to, but if that's your thing then figure out a group you'll fit into and ride with them.
YouTube Channel | My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E | 2020 KTM 500 XCF-W
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2010 Honda CBF1000FA

Post by raYzerman »

Find me first and I'll tell you who not to hang around with... if you buy me a beer. Other than that, it's the FJR event of the year not to be missed! Just get your ass there and don't worry about.
BkerChuck and El Toro Joe loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

I'd appreciate it if you could stay away from the black bear in the lobby. We've grown "close" and she gets a bit testy.

You can ride with me. We can't be lost if we don't know where we are going. I've already meticulously planned the next 10 rides. We'll ride places and eat things, that's about it.

If anyone ask you if you've tried a sip of the shampoo, that's my department. It's not as "frothy" as it sounds.

I'm thinking about suggesting a Karaoke event, provided Bob will let me dry hump him again. We'll see....

That should get ya going.

Oh... one more thing.

Be prepared to make some life long friends. REAL friends - not just acquaintances that you happen to know. People that you will grow very fond of. You'll learn about their families, home town, and riding experiences. These people are the real deal, man. Believe me when I say - you can count on 'em. If you are in trouble and need, they will come running to help you. You will find yourself planning your tours around these people and finding ways to see where they live. When they hurt, you will hurt. And when they joy, you will to.

So... be prepared.
BikerGeek, El Toro Joe, Intech and 4 others loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

spklbuk
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2012 Super Tenere

Post by spklbuk »

Group or no...Ride your own ride!

And don't take any wooden nickles.
El Toro Joe and Cav47 loved this
Montani Semper Liberi

Dog hair is a fashion statement and a condiment.
danh600
Veteran
FJRModel: 2022 FJR1300ES

Post by danh600 »

Never get out of the boat.
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Post by extrememarine »

Hello and welcome.

The EOM website will have updates regarding the rally - here is the general schedule. I also have the facebook event set up and plan to post updates across the various social media outlets.

You can take a look at the previous year's event thread as well here as well.

Wayne
El Toro Joe, Cav47, and wheatonFJR loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
blind squirrel
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014

Post by blind squirrel »

raYzerman wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:47 pm Find me first and I'll tell you who not to hang around with... if you buy me a beer. Other than that, it's the FJR event of the year not to be missed! Just get your ass there and don't worry about.
DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER

If you fall in with the Canadians you will be spoiled for life!
El Toro Joe, natehawk750, and danh600 loved this
"That feeling is your taint telling you, 'this is a bad idea...'" - extrememarine
Dirty Brown Dog
Squid

Sounds great , thanks everyone.
FJRPittsburgh loved this
Dirty Brown Dog
Squid

https://images.app.goo.gl/UNXr2WeYYw31oiy17

Hppants wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 pm I'd appreciate it if you could stay away from the black bear in the lobby. We've grown "close" and she gets a bit testy.

You can ride with me. We can't be lost if we don't know where we are going. I've already meticulously planned the next 10 rides. We'll ride places and eat things, that's about it.

If anyone ask you if you've tried a sip of the shampoo, that's my department. It's not as "frothy" as it sounds.

I'm thinking about suggesting a Karaoke event, provided Bob will let me dry hump him again. We'll see....

Oh... one more thing.

Be prepared to make some life long friends. REAL friends - not just acquaintances that you happen to know. People that you will grow very fond of. You'll learn about their families, home town, and riding experiences. These people are the real deal, man. Believe me when I say - you can count on 'em. If you are in trouble and need, they will come running to help you. You will find yourself planning your tours around these people and finding ways to see where they live. When they hurt, you will hurt. And when they joy, you will to.

So... be prepared.
Tyler
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 CanAm Spyder ST

Post by Tyler »

Dirty Brown Dog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:44 am https://images.app.goo.gl/UNXr2WeYYw31oiy17
Hppants wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 pm I'd appreciate it if you could stay away from the black bear in the lobby. We've grown "close" and she gets a bit testy.
Joey's (Hppants) interaction with aforementioned bear was just a wee bit different... :lol:
Hppants and El Toro Joe loved this
"Spend time with those who make you better." ~Anonymous
blind squirrel
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014

Post by blind squirrel »

Dirty Brown Dog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:44 am https://images.app.goo.gl/UNXr2WeYYw31oiy17

Oh... one more thing.

So... be prepared.
Image link assist.
"That feeling is your taint telling you, 'this is a bad idea...'" - extrememarine
Festus
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 FJR, 2023 KTM 390 Adventure

Post by Festus »

Pants was spanking the other end of the bear.
El Toro Joe and gixxerjasen loved this
"That wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be" - 1911

"Stay thirsty, my friends"....... Wouldn't that mean I'm dehydrated all the time?
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride

Post by gixxerjasen »

Tyler wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:41 am
Joey's (Hppants) interaction with aforementioned bear was just a wee bit different... :lol:
Image link assist.

Tyler, El Toro Joe, and Intech loved this
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E | 2020 KTM 500 XCF-W

D-Eagle
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR
2003 Honda VTX1800
2023 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT

Post by D-Eagle »

Dirty Brown Dog,
Friendly hint, Don't show up in a bear costume.
FJRPittsburgh, Hppants, danh600 and 3 others loved this
SE Ohio: Never trust a hill.
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride

Post by gixxerjasen »

Also, just a friendly reminder of something you might want to know before attending one of these events. This rule isn't just for SFO, but applies org wide here. And yes, that's Joey (Hppants) again.

BikerGeek and Tyler loved this