Colorado Dirt

Public Ride & Trip report sub-forum.

Ride reports (RR) posted here are view-able to non-member readers, no log in will be required to visit this sub-forum - use this sub-forum if you want friends, family, co-workers who are not members of the site to be able to read and follow along.
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2012

Colorado Dirt

Post by FJRfarrier »

Colorado Dirt Ride Report
Wednesday July 29th – Monday August 10th

I know, I’m a couple months late to write and post this. I had thought I wasn’t going to post one, because this wasn’t an FJR ride. But hey, it was a pretty spectacular adventure, so I’m going to share.

This past winter, I decided my big summer vacation was going to take place in Colorado. Again. But this time, I was going to take the DRZ. The plan was looking better and better because Covid-19 seemed to be wrecking havoc on the entire country. The idea was good because I was going to be traveling in the truck, so I planned on sleeping in the truck on the way out and back. And I could pack my own food for eating. (Less chance of contamination by avoiding traveler hotels and restaurants). I had already booked my 2 airbnb’s for the few nights needed in Colorado, and after double-checking, each of them were still okay with an out-of-state traveler staying at their place. Perfect.

So it’s the Sunday before I leave… and I take the DRZ down to my dad’s garage and we get it set up for Colorado altitude. Jet kit, air filter, and chain are all good to go. New tires had been on a few weeks prior, and had been tested in various situations. Good to go!

Prepping for travel meals means cooking the necessities…

Dang, sure is nice to be able to pack all this food! The FJR trunk certainly would not fit THIS much in it. Lol

Tuesday before I depart, I had a full day of work. This fella made me giggle when the owner put on his new fly mask. Haha!

Wednesday morning, run to the bank real quick to deposit all the work pay from the past couple days.
Drive-thru on the DRZ…. Sure!

Cooler, food totes, clothes bags and gear are packed in the back of the truck… getting closer!

Bike is loaded! Mom and Dad came down to my house to send me off.
I wasn’t worried about an early departure… I just figured I should be on the road by about noon or so. It was about 11 am when I was leaving. Not bad.

Decided I didn’t want to drive around Chicago, with the current state of the country, and in the truck with the bike on the hitch. So I got to take the scenic 2 lane roads across Ohio into Indiana…

Sure was pretty. And I was really liking the rear view camera system recently installed to be able to keep an eye on my baby!

And into Illinois…

Lots and lots of wind turbines…

Made my way up to I-80 on the other side of Chicago and made it into Iowa.

Stopped at, what just might be, my favorite truckstop!

There’s an entire food court inside this place… but I instead eat a bacon sandwich and a bologna salad sandwich in the parking lot…

I gotta say, I LOVE bacon sandwiches when traveling. They’re just good…

Go inside, and see all the stuff! It’s huge and full of anything and everything!

At least 3 semis inside... this one spins.

I want some of these air horns on my truck and bike!! HAHAA!

Food court seating was closed up, but the restaurants were still open.

Drove down the road, and eventually needed to call it a night and get some sleep, about midnight. Found a wonderful rest area between Des Moines and Omaha. Lots of semis parked, and about a dozen passenger vehicles in the lot. Everyone was sleeping in their vehicles! I felt very safe sleeping here. Put the window screens on my back windows, and curled up on the back seat of the truck.

Pretty neat to have a windmill arm sticking straight up. It’s big!

This was my sleeping arrangement. Though, I had the green sheet stretched up on the bucket seats to form a curtain from the front windows. It was cozy.

After sleeping a couple hours, I needed to get off the back seat and stretch. I was awake enough, and I wanted to get through Omaha before rush hour the next morning.

Thursday
Found another nice rest area on the other side of Omaha and got a couple more hours of sleep. It’s not the best sleeping… but it does the job and it’s free!

Not bad to wake up to this view, either. Eat breakfast of cereal and a muffin in the parking lot.

Drive west to Kearney. Arrive at The Archway. Debate with myself on whether I want to go inside or not. I had gone in last year, and really enjoyed it. I decided that since I was just there a year ago, I will pass this time. So I just hung out for a while in the parking lot and enjoyed the fresh morning air.

Drive up the road a little farther. To a destination I knew I needed to stop at. A couple years ago on the IBA facebook group, someone had mentioned about stopping at this truck stop / gas station and going inside and eating at the Indian restaurant. So, I made it a point to stop. Due to Covid, it was a grab and go. The men on the internet had warned that it’s not the best looking gas station. And they weren’t kidding. But the food? OMG delicious! Taste of India, Jay Bros, in Overton, NE.
Chicken Korma, rice, and butter naan.
So I drove up the road to the next museum I was interested in. Had planned on setting up my chair and having a picnic in the parking lot. Well, a blast of a rain storm decided to move me into the truck to eat. Didn’t affect the taste of the food though. Lol

After eating, and the heavy rain stopped, I decided to venture into this museum. Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles.

Pretty cool place! Huge building with rooms FULL of vehicles and tanks and helicopters and odds and ends.
MASH display
Horse stuff
KLR250-D8

Back in the truck and headed west, and then southwest on I-76. Into Colorado! Road construction at the sign I usually stop at…

Luckily the rest area / CO welcome center had another sign.
I have arrived in my heart state!!!

I giggled when I saw this truck. Cedar Point. My parents were at Cedar Point (the amusement park in Ohio) this day. And I’m in Colorado. And I see a Cedar Point truck. (not the same cedar point… but still)

Down the road towards Denver… and I get off the interstate and arrive at my next destination!

The Wild Animal Sanctuary.

Park the truck in a spot, by backing the DRZ into the trees so I will still fit in a normal spot.

And I’m off onto a safari!
Sun hat, face mask, binoculars, snacks, water, rain coat, and my Tour Guide book. I think I’m prepared. Lol

On an elevated walkway above the animal enclosures.

Selfie with a bear 30 ft below!

Lions…

Tigers…

Bears…

Oh my!

Finished off the evening at the Sanctuary. Listened to the animals roar and purr and talk to each other over the property as I walked back to the main building. What an amazing thing to experience.

Then went into the Denver area and got an Airbnb room for the night. This was my first use of Airbnb, and this one is a room in someone’s home. I was very happy with the experience!
bungie4, Redfish, jwilly and 6 others loved this
I haven’t made any really bad decisions lately... I’m getting bored.

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Re: Colorado Dirt

Post by FJRfarrier »

Friday
The next morning, I drove through Denver and made my way up to Lookout Mountain. Passed some elk on the way up the hill…

Saw Buffalo Bill’s grave.

Did not go into the museums or the buildings. But I did check out the lookout points. Overlooking Golden, and the Denver area.

And the Colorado has officially been to Colorado! And driven up its first mountain!

Back onto the interstate (I-70) and see some buffalo.

Stop at a rest area. I was in heaven with the truck and bike and the mountains!

Pulled out the chair and made some lunch.

Sun was a little warm so I went to the other side of the truck and sat in the shade and ate lunch.

The cookies I had bought at sea level are feeling the effect of the altitude gain…. Hahaha!

Driving through what might be one of the prettiest interstate areas in the country…

Stopped at the No Name rest area. Sat along the river for a bit. When I was younger, I had white water rafted on this river and passed right through here.
This is an area that 2 weeks later would be closed and burning due to the wildfires.

Also can see the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park up on the hill. Some day I will get there and ride those rides…

Stopped at the CO Parks and Rec office for an OHV sticker, and then Cabela’s in Grand Junction to get some maps of the trails in the area. And then, I have finally arrived at my AirBnb just outside of Delta and at the base of the Grand Mesa!

Unloaded the bike. And decided to head a couple miles out and check out the OHV open riding area.

It was like riding on the moon! Nothing but dirt and weird hills!

But the sunset was beautiful.
Last edited by FJRfarrier on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bungie4, CollingsBob, Redfish and 7 others loved this

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

Saturday
I specifically chose staying in this area for multiple days because I LOVE the Grand Mesa. It’s beautiful. It’s full of trees. Just enough elevation to be cool, and yet relatively flat once on top.
Headed up the old road, that is gravel.

And these Aspen? Yeah…. Wow. I was already in love and had only been riding this morning for a matter of an hour or so. Lol.

Made it to the visitor center area. And Cobbett Lake.

And then down the road to an area, that is the farthest the FJR had ventured off the pavement. This year, I was going to see what I hadn’t seen from the seat of the FJR!

And now, here’s where this trip starts to mean something of why I wanted to take the DRZ. I had seen plenty of Colorado. From the pavement. But I wouldn’t take the FJR on gravel. So I finally got to see something that Tyler had mentioned a couple years ago. I made it to the Land’s End Observatory!

Beautiful! And the chipmunks seemed to love to pose for their picture to be taken…

See that brown twisty thing down there in that green…

Yeah, I’m gonna ride it!

Headed down the side of the Mesa.

Working on mastering the selfie stick. Lol

I’ve definitely mastered the tripod…

Turned around when the road starts to flatten out. Raced the bike back up the dirt road! There is an organized hill climb race, the following weekend. I did my own impromptu run…
(waterfall up ahead too. But disappears into the rocks)

Talk about riding a narrow road on the side of a mountain!!!
(photo rotated to horizon line…)

Back on the top of the Mesa, stopped and noticed that I was boiling my radiator fluid… oops.

Wow wow wow. Loving it!

Puttered around on some of the gravel roads and short connector dirt paths on top of the Mesa. Exploring.

Stopped for lunch under a tree.

Went and checked out this trail. It is labeled as a hiking, horse riding, mtn biking, and single track dirt bike trail. It is also called “Drop Off Trail”. So I decided against it. Lol.

Headed down back to town. Same way I went up. That’s the tracking I laid down. (Forgot to start the track till I got onto the gravel) 120 miles, 6 hours.

Back to the AirBnB tiny house.

It’s a tiny house, but the dishes provided seemed like I should be preparing to feed an army. Dang.
Last edited by FJRfarrier on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

Sunday
The next morning, I decided I wanted to ride to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Pick out some side roads that keep me off Rt 50 and without going through Montrose. I was pleasantly surprised with what I ended up riding on!

I was so mesmerized by how odd it was, I needed to pull over and take some pictures. Lol

This part of the road climbed right up the valley between a brown hill and a green valley! At the bottom was the landfill, and at the top popped out into a cow pasture!

Made it to the park! This is another area that I had never been.

Passed an FJR as I was headed in. I waved like a maniac, then realized I was not on my FJR… so the rider probably had no clue why I was so excited to see ‘em. Haha!

I was very shocked by what there was to view! Wow!

I had been near some of it from the north side along Rt 92. But no, going into the park was more amazing.

And there was currently no fee for entrance. So that was nice. And also met a nice fellow adv rider from Arkansas who was exploring on his KLR. Shared a parking spot and had a nice chat with him.

Passed another Cedar Point! (It’s a lookout view into the canyon)

Rode the road that went down to the river at the bottom of the canyon.

Wonderful to be in the bottom and looking up now!

Stopped for lunch at the picnic shelter along the river.

Rode back through the same way I came.
Videoed the funny transition this time…

Headed back home. It was a hot day. 120 miles, 6 hours.

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

Monday
Headed back out, and up to the Grand Mesa again today. I was really wanting to see what else I could explore up there. I had picked out a couple ATV trails that looked okay, and I wanted to check them out.

First trail. I had to psych myself up to get confident enough to take this trail by myself.

It was really good in parts.

And I am SOOOO GLAD I did! Wow!

Don’t want to get too mushy… But I kinda teared up when the trail opened up with this view. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming about riding a nice trail in Colorado.

The whole trail wasn’t always nice. There were plenty of moments that had me getting off the bike and walking it across sections. Baby head rocks were not my favorite.

Then off the trail and onto this jeep road. And it parallels Rt 65 for a bit. That paved ribbon is a favorite of mine on the FJR. And this rocky dirt just might be my new favorite for the DRZ. Yeah, I am loving the Grand Mesa in Colorado.

So I was starting to get confident. Maybe too confident. Decided to tackle a short section of uphill single track. Came across some hikers.

They warned me that there was a tree down up ahead. So I heeded their advice, and turned around. Well, that ended up with me dropping the bike. Rear tire got caught on a big rock, and I lost the balance.

And slamming the hand guard into the brake lever. Which then prohibited my brake lever from working. Took some rocks and managed to whack the hand guard a bit.

And then, with my handy dandy Gerber multitool… I sawed the tip of the brake lever off. Figured, I didn’t need that part anyways. And it worked, because I was able to get back down the trail!

Back onto the other side of the road trails. These were ATV friendly, and more used. Though, I never did see another human out on these trails.

Had enough playing around, and was ready to head back to home base. The Airbnb was located on a horse ranch property. I liked the views…

80 miles, in 5 hours.

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

Tuesday
Loaded up the bike and all my stuff the next morning and headed east.

Took rt 133 from Hotchkiss to Carbondale. Which is a phenomenal road for a spirited FJR ride… not as much fun in a loaded truck. Lol

Stopped at the Redstone Coke Ovens.

Then jumped back onto I-70 from Glenwood Springs to Vail. So I could take Rt 24 to get to Leadville instead of going up and over Independence Pass. With that, I was able to cross Tennessee Pass in Colorado.

And then I am pulling into Leadville and meeting up with Tim! Walked around town to get used to my mountain lungs. I was better adjusted this year compared to last year’s FJR sprint from sea level to 10k feet in 48 hours!
This was a new sign that was recently erected to commemorate their “highest elevation city” claim.
It took multiple times of using the tripod for us to get the perfect picture. Haha!
bungie4, Redfish, LKLD and 4 others loved this

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

Wednesday
Tim and I pack the bikes and decide to go exploring! We take off and go up some roads that he has ridden before.

For this part of the trip, I’m just following the local as he shows me some of his favorite dual sport rides in the area.

The views in these mountains do not disappoint!

Stopping for a snack along the road, and popping a squat on a rock.

Tim’s view of me riding through the Aspen trees.

Back into town, we decide to get lunch at Buchi Cubano Cafe . The restaurant with the sandwiches that I had been dreaming off for the past year!!!

Aye Conyo. Seriously, I LOVE these things.

After lunch we decided to head up and over Weston Pass, just to the south of Leadville.

Water puddle? Those are meant to be played in, right? Haha!

Snack break and to admire the view. Ahhhhhhhhh…….

74 miles, 8 hours. (includes the lunch stop)
bungie4, Redfish, LKLD and 4 others loved this

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

Thursday
The next morning we decide to head up and conquer Hagerman Pass. So we ride around Turquoise Lake.

Tim had gotten this KTM from a friend earlier this year, and has just been starting to explore the dirt and dual sport that surrounds him. I think it was perfect timing for him to start this new style of riding!

This was a section I was leary of from looking at it from the base of the technical stuff. So we had gotten off the bikes and walked up and picked out some different lines to take to conquer the section.

Well, Tim almost made it. Lol.

We did eventually both make it up the hill and around the corner. And stopped for a breather where there was a pull off.

Getting closer and closer to the tree line.

Almost to the top!

WHAT A VIEW!

I can’t believe I am riding my DRZ with a fabulous friend who is pushing me past my comfort level (and in turn, making me realize I really can do it) on these insane “roads” in Colorado!

We made it to the top!!!!!

Down the other side…. Gonna see what we can find!

Stopping for pictures. These mountain peaks and green trees are heaven!

Can’t wipe this smile from my face…

All I am finding is BEAUTY!
^^ That’s my Tyler picture. I was telling Tim that I try to take a random flower picture on every trip because that’s what Tyler does. And to really get into the spirit, you gotta bend over and get low to take the picture. So, half as a joke… I stopped the bike, grabbed the phone, leaned off the bike, and took this picture. Lined it up as best I could for not really being able to see the screen.
And damnit, that is a fabulous picture.

Got to experience a pretty major water crossing…

And then we got to the other side of the tough Hagerman Pass. So we stopped at Ivanhoe Lake for some pictures.

And then ventured out to a town for fuel and food. (was a lot farther than either of us thought)

So we made it to Basalt, along Rt 82. Got fuel. And then found a pub that was open for food.

Dang good burgers and onion rings and wings!

With how late it was already in the day, we knew we would be pushed for time and light if we went back up and over Hagerman Pass. So we decided to stay on the pavement and rode Rt 82 up and over Independence Pass.

147 miles, 8 ½ hours

Hagerman Pass was tough. I am so glad we did it, but it was definitely a stress inducing and skill testing ride. I would not have done it without Tim there with me. My skills and confidence improved so much in just a day of riding. That was a huge milestone, to ride this tough Pass.
bungie4, Redfish, LKLD and 5 others loved this

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

Friday
Last day of riding for me. I knew I needed to load up and head east the following day.
And with the tough riding we had yesterday, we decided to play it easy and go up and explore the mining district above Leadville.

Old abandoned mining operations.

Lots of cool little roads and trails to explore! And some opened up into a wide opening overlooking the mountain range.

Found some single track… not sure it was actually for motorcycles… but hey, it was fun!

Then we got a bit too confident, and decided to see what Mosquito Pass was all about. Started up it.

Got rough, we were not up for another tough day, so we decided to turn around. Well, I dropped the bike again. Dang it.

Back onto the less tough roads. Found an old abandoned, very shot up bus.

And then we found…. A MUD PUDDLE!!!
MUD MUD MUD!!!

Back into town for lunch, High Mountain Pies, for subs. Yum!

Dogs chilling on the porch while we eat.

Bike was a bit dirty from the mud puddle… hahaha!

Gear was drying on the driveway…

Helmet was speckled with mud. Means I was having fun!!!

Back on the bikes, and back up into the mining district. Found an opening that overlooks Leadville.

And then we stumbled upon a baby head hill…

Ooops.

Went back down and followed a road along the mountain, back into a mountain crevice valley. Ended up climbing close to 12,000 ft in altitude. But on a smooth road on the side of the mountain.

And then we followed the jeep trail that was in the valley of the crevice to get back down! It was cool.

Came across (what we found out later to be) the Black Cloud Tailings Pond. Part of an old mining operation.

46 miles, 5 ½ hours
bungie4, Redfish, LKLD and 6 others loved this

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

Saturday
Well, it was time for me to pack up and start heading for home. So I got things loaded Saturday morning, and headed east. Took Rt 24 to Colorado Springs, and then followed it on towards Limon.
Said goodbye to the mountains.

Got off the main road and went to visit an old college friend that lives out in the prairies. We hung out at her place for a bit, and then we jumped in our vehicles and headed into the tiny town of Calhan to eat dinner.
So I got to see the mountains one last time. This is the view from her street, facing west. Pikes Peak and windmills in the distant view, and no trees on her 20 acre property.

Dinner of Jack Daddy Pork tenderloin, and sweet potato fries. Rooster’s Grille, Calhan, CO.

Was a wonderful time hanging out with her and her husband and getting to meet her almost 2 year old son. (She’s the one who rode the canyon swing with me in 2017)

Back onto the road, made it to I-70 and the setting sun is behind me.

Into Kansas at dusk.

Driving along, and driving along… and was figuring I would stop at a rest area to sleep like I did in Iowa. But I didn’t feel comfortable at any of the rest areas or truck stops that I passed and pulled into. So I finally decided I needed to get a hotel. Found one outside Ellis, KS.

Sunday
Wake up, and head east. Originally, the plan was to take all day crossing Kansas because I wanted to visit the state courthouse on Monday morning. They have tours that you can climb the steps to the top of the dome and look out. Well, because of Covid, those tours are not available at the moment. But I had already picked out a bunch of things I wanted to see along the way home. And I knew I wouldn’t do this kind of thing if I was on a trip on the FJR… because it involves stopping and getting off the bike.
So, I did it in the truck. First stop, a Czech egg in Wilson, KS.

The world’s largest Czech egg.

And then, what once was the world’s largest spur. In Abillene, KS.

And then up to Wamego, KS for the Oz Museum.

Pretty neat place inside. Even Dorothy is following the mask rules…

Lots of displays of artifacts and items from production and the early years of The Wizard of Oz and L. Frank Baum.

Gorgeous quilt with scenes.

A display of Wicked items. A musical that I have seen numerous times.

Across the street was a Yellow Brick Road.

Back onto the interstate and into Missouri.

Getting to be early evening, and nearing St Louis. Traffic is increasing, and a truck pulls up next to me, honks and is waving / motioning towards my bike and behind me. I get a little worried, not sure what he is saying. The bike is fine, I can see it in the rear view camera. So he pulls away from me, and a little bit later I pull into a gas station. Go to check on the bike, and everything is secure and no issues. Not sure if he saw my stickers flapping in the wind and was concerned about that?

Get through St Louis, and it’s starting to get dark. And I’m getting tired. So, I decide to get another hotel for the night, Greenville, IL.
Redfish, LKLD, Tyler and 3 others loved this

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

Monday
Wake up and head east. More plans for stopping and seeing more things along the road. And Casey, Illinois is the place to go!
It’s making itself known as the Big Things in a Small Town. Some items hold the title of “World’s Largest”, while others are just Big.
Big Antlers
World’s Largest Rocking Chair
World’s Largest Teeter Totter
World’s Largest Wind Chime
Big Yardstick
Big Mousetrap
Big Spinning Top
World’s Largest Twizzle Spoon
World’s Largest Wooden Shoes
World’s Largest Mailbox
That you can go inside! And yes there is a mailbox inside the mailbox in which to mail things from!
Big Bird Cage
World’s Largest Barber Pole
Big Pencil
World’s Largest Key
Former World’s Largest Knitting Needles and Crochet Hook
Big Bookworm
I had parked and walked around the town to see all these items! Such a neat little town!
Then jumped in the truck to drive to the few other items out of walking distance.
World’s Largest Golf Tee
World’s Largest Pitchfork
Then up the road to Martinsville for the World’s Largest Horseshoe
Being a farrier… I mean, I gotta stop and see this!
Then to a large anvil! 5530 pounds of poured cast steel. “What is believed to be the world’s largest cast anvil”
Another cool farrier item. Lol
And with the rest of the drive on the interstate… I eventually made it back to my town. Picked up my cat from my parent’s house, and then I was home.
My 4 Aye Conyo sandwiches that I “smuggled” home made it safely to my refrigerator and freezer. I eventually ate them all in the next week or so. I even shared part of them with my parents and sister, so they can understand why I drool when I talk about them. Haha!
bungie4, Redfish, LKLD and 7 others loved this

IBA #60909
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

In conclusion, this was a trip that I won’t be forgetting any time soon. It was different to be in the truck, and hauling the DRZ. But it was nice to have the security of the truck at night, and the capabilities of carrying lots of food and clothes and gear. I packed food to eat along the way out there, and food to cook and eat at the tiny house and at Tim’s house.
Few pictures that speak the most to me, and sum up my “DRZ in Colorado dirt 2020” vacation.
bungie4, Redfish, LKLD and 7 others loved this

IBA #60909
escapefjrtist
Veteran
FJRModel: '15 FJR 1300A

Post by escapefjrtist »

Awesome trip Julie, thanks for sharing your CO adventure!!

~G
FJRfarrier loved this
IBA34365
'15 FJR-USD-A
'18 Tenere
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2010 Honda CBF1000FA

Post by raYzerman »

Now that was a nice trip!!!.... I've been to some of those places in CO on the FJR. Been to Casey a few times too for the ST event, the Moonshine Lunch Run.
FJRfarrier loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
Intech
I'm Not Back
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015

Post by Intech »

Outstanding!
FJRfarrier loved this
RIP BeemerDonS JSNS
RIP Petey
RIP jwilly
RIP 1911
FJRPittsburgh
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 A, 2008 AE has been sold.

Post by FJRPittsburgh »

Absolutely incredible journey! Thanks for taking us along Julie.
FJRfarrier loved this
2013 Yamaha FJR1300A
2013 Honda CRF250L
2018 Yamaha FZ-07
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
FjrVfr
Contributor

Post by FjrVfr »

Wow Julie, you hit all the best places. The Black Canyon could be my favorite spot on earth. And that sanctuary was once called Rocky Mountain Wildlife Conservation Center. I helped build that elevated walkway about 20 years ago. I hope Pat & Shelly are still doing well.

Thanks for sharing!
HotRodZilla and FJRfarrier loved this
"Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
Cav47
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
2022 Honda CRF450RL

Post by Cav47 »

Just awesome. That is ambassadorship right there. People will be inspired by the report and you even more than they have been in the past.
Redfish, wheatonFJR, and FJRfarrier loved this
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

BTW, If you were in Casey and Martinsville, you were a stones throw from a certain Moonshine, IL General Store and burger place.

I have to say, you had yourself an EPIC trip. Thanks for sharing it with the class.
FJRfarrier loved this
boatanchor, 3rd class.
FJRfarrier
Contributor
Veteran

Post by FJRfarrier »

raYzerman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:57 pm Now that was a nice trip!!!.... I've been to some of those places in CO on the FJR. Been to Casey a few times too for the ST event, the Moonshine Lunch Run.
wheatonFJR wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:43 am BTW, If you were in Casey and Martinsville, you were a stones throw from a certain Moonshine, IL General Store and burger place.

I have to say, you had yourself an EPIC trip. Thanks for sharing it with the class.
yeah, did not realize that was where Moonshine was located until I got home!! bummer. missed a good opportunity for a special lunch.

Guess I'll have to do it ALL over again.... :D
wheatonFJR loved this

IBA #60909